Romantically Spellbound
zwani.com myspace graphic comments

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Affair ~ Excerpt

Excerpt

Chapter One

London, three years later

“You leave me no opinion but to be blunt, Mr. St Ives. Unfortunately, the truth is the matter is that you are not what I had in mind in the way of a man-of affairs.” Charlotte Arkendale clasped her hands together on top of the wide mahogany desk and regarded Baxter with a critical eye. “I am sorry for the waste of your time.”

The interview was not going well. Baxter adjusted the gold-framed eyeglasses on the bridge of his nose and silently vowed that he would not give in to the impulse to grind his back teeth.

“Forgive me, Miss Arkendale, but I was under the impression that you wished to employ a person who appeared completely innocuous and uninteresting.”

“Quite true.”

“I believe year exact description of the ideal candidate for the position was, and I quote, a person who is a bland as a potato pudding.”

Continue Reading ~ Excerpt for Affair

No comments: